If you want to run a successful business of small or mid-size, much of your Accounting and Financial Management requirements can be met by QuickBooks Desktop software. It is one of the most versatile software ever created. QB can easily handle and organize the expenses of the organization, keep an eye on Cash flow, generate Invoices, file your taxes etc. These are just some of the features of the software, there are many more which you will get.
With all this glory, we cannot ignore that it often becomes a victim of threat and errors that pop-up while using the software. You will find yourself stuck in a mangled bunch of data, which sometimes become overbearing. We get so many calls from baffled Users who were trying to log in into their QB account as usual and ran into the QuickBooks Login Error.
You will get an error message like:
“The attempt to log in with the user name xxxxx failed. This user is already logged into the company file. Try a different user name.”
“User ID Admin is already logged into the company file.”
Causes Of The QuickBooks Login Error
- You are using Remote access to log in into your QuickBooks account and you forgot to log out from your account in the earlier session.
- You are already logged into the Company Data file from another computer.
- You are facing an electrical or power failure.
How To Fix The QuickBooks Login Error Code?
The QuickBooks ProAdvisors of getenterprisesupport recommend these steps to get rid of the QB Login error. You can also get in touch with them for getting QuickBooks Support.
- Open Task Manager on your computer screen by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Click on Image Name to sort the processes in an alphabetical manner.
- Click on all the processes that start with “qb” and then end them.
- Open QuickBooks desktop again and log into the Company Data file using your credentials.
- If you are still not able to log in, choose to restart the server that is being used to host the company data file.
- Now, open QB again and try to login into the Company file.
- If are still not able to log in, use the credentials of another User.
Note: Take a Backup of the Company Data file before you make any changes in the default settings.
If you are still encountering the login error, it indicates that the Company Data file has been severely damaged or corrupted. You need to get in touch with a QuickBooks ProAdvisor to retrieve all the important data and then fix the Company file.
Dial QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-888-557-6950 to get in touch with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors.